Stomach ulcer is also called Peptic ulcer.
It is a sore that develops on the lining of the oesophagus, stomach or small intestine.
There are two types of peptic ulcers, a gastric ulcer, which forms in the lining of the stomach, and a duodenal ulcer, which forms in the upper part of the small intestine
- Stomach acid
- Bacterium called Helicobacter pylori
- Anti-inflammatory pain relievers like aspirin
- Physical and emotional stress
1. Stomach pain.
Pain often comes several hours after a meal when the stomach is empty.
The pain is usually in the upper middle part of the abdomen, above the belly button (navel) and below the breastbone.
The ulcer pain can feel like burning, or gnawing, and it may go through to the back.
The pain is often worse at night and early morning.
It can last anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.
The ulcer pain may be relieved by food, antacids, or vomiting.
4. Loss of weight
5. Loss of apetite
Severe ulcers may cause bleeding in the stomach or duodenum. Bleeding is sometimes the only symptom of an ulcer.
This bleeding can be fast or slow. Fast bleeding reveals itself in one of the following ways:
Vomiting of blood or dark material that looks something like coffee grounds: This is an emergency and warrants an immediate visit to an emergency department.
Blood in the stool or black, tarry, sticky-looking stools
Recent studies found that different substances from plant sources not only afford gastro-protection but also accelerate ulcer healing.
- Aloe vera : 4 matured leaves of aloe Vera mixed with water and honey have proven to heal stomach ulcer. Dosage is 3 tablespoonful three times daily.
2. Avocado pear leaves: Boil the leaves in water. Allow it to stand for 24 hours, take half a glass twice daily for 2 weeks.
3. Banana neutralizes the excess acidity of gastric juices produced in the by reducing ulcer irritation by coating the lining of the stomach. Bananas relieve painful ulcer systems, and other intestinal disorders and promote healing.
4. Basil reduces gastric acid production in the stomach.
4. Raw cabbage juice has anti-ulcer and wound healing properties on the stomach. Some ulcers have been healed after drinking half to one glass of cabbage juice before meal for 3 weeks.
5. Cayenne pepper Contrary to popular belief, regular consumption of chili peppers may help protect against ulcers and perhaps even enhance their healing. Cayenne pepper stops internal and external bleeding ulcer. Sprinkle cayenne powder on food daily.
6. Clove (Syzigium aromaticum) Syzygium aromaticum belongs to the plant family Myrtaceae. It is one of the important herbs used as an indigenous medicine and spice in many Asian countries, Africa and other parts of the world. Recent studies shows that extracts of cloves, a spice, possess some phytochemicals which demonstrates anti ulcer properties
7. Coconut oil contains an antibacterial compound called LAURIC ACID which is an antibiotic. It kills H.pylori when taken internally.
8. Cucumber is good for the treatment of hyper acidity, gastric and duodenal ulcer. It brings immediate relief whenever there is burning sensation in the stomach.
9. Garlic has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that may help prevent ulcers and heal them quicker. However, more research is needed.
10. Honey: Regular consumption of honey may help prevent ulcers, especially those caused by H. pylori infections. Honey is used traditionally in the treatment of wounds by providing nutrients and other chemicals that speed wound healing.
11. Pawpaw: Unripe Pawpaw fruits. Cut unripe pawpaw into pieces and soak in water for 5 days. Sieve and add honey to the water. Take a glass (about 200mls) twice daily
12. Turmeric: Curcumin, Turmeric’s active compound, may protect the stomach lining and help ulcers heal.
13. Sweet Potatoes
Many scientific studies have proven that Sweet potatoes contain ample amounts of antioxidants with ulcer-healing properties.
14. Irish Potatoes
Also, scientists at Manchester University have discovered that potato (commonly called Irish potato in Nigeria) contain unique antibacterial molecules that can treat peptic ulcer. Members of the university’s microbiology team now hope the substance, dubbed‘potato juice’ could go into production as a daily diet supplement.
16. Plantain. The powder of unripe plantain peel mixed with honey brings relief from ulcer.
Read alsoHepatitis – 6 Simple home remedies.
The home remedies listed above may help prevent the development of stomach ulcers and facilitate their healing.
In some cases, they may even improve the effectiveness of conventional treatment and reduce the severity of its side effects.
It’s important to note that in most cases, it remains unclear whether these natural remedies are as effective as conventional treatment.
Thus, those suffering from ulcers should seek advice from their healthcare professional before self-medicating.
It should not be used for diagnosis or prescription.
Healthdictive does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness.
The views and nutritional advice expressed by Healthdictive are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.
Before using any herb, please consult your own healthcare practitioner.
The medical information provided is for information resource only. This information does not create any patient-physician relationship and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.
Bitter kola is known for its bitterness but behind the bitterness is a lot of of health benefits that have been scientifically proven.
Bitter kola is known for bitterness and has been used in many communities in Nigeria to treat various ailments.
Studies have validated some of the healing powers of Bitter kola.
It contains compounds such as Kolaviron which is responsible for some of its healing properties
It is a powerful Liver protector and cleanser. It has been used to treat liver diseases like Jaundice, Hepatitis.
Bitter kola healing benefits
In your age when a lot of men are experiencing low sexual performance and need improvement of sexual performance, bitter kola is very useful.
Bitter Kola increase sex drive and improves the sexual performance. In other to be effective, it is advisable to chew the kola for at least two minutes before intercourse.
Also, It can be a remedy for successfully reduce eye pressure in people suffering from Glucoma.
Glaucoma is a condition of increased pressure within the eyeball, causing a gradual loss of sight. It could result in permanent blindness if left untreated.
It is an undiscovered effective antibiotic. It is used in many communities to neutralize poisons in the body
Some of the the healing benefits include
- Improve semen quality
- Anti ulcer
- Anti inflammatory
- Suppress appetite
- Reduces heavy metal accumulation
- Detoxify the body system
- Prevent and relieve colic
- High fever.
These are benefits you get by just making it part of your diet.
Read also Fast and Live Longer and healthier. . ..
Disclaimer: The medical information provided is for information resource only. This information does not create any patient-physician relationship and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.