Tag: Fibroid herbal remedies
Fibroid ( Uterine fibroid) is one of the most common health challenges affecting women of child bearing age.
It is really a big problem for women.
Presently, medically there is no cure for fibroid and it cannot be prevented.
Various studies have shown that it is more common in blacks than other race.
For now, nobody know why it is so and even what is responsible for it.
Uterine fibroid (UF) are abnormal growth (tumor) that grows in the muscle of the Uterus. (womb).
Fibroids are more common in:
1. Women who haven’t had children
2. Obese women
3. Black women
4. Women whose relatives have ﬁbroids
5. Women older than 30.
Fibroid may affect the shape and size of the uterus. It may also cause changes in menstrual cycle and ability to get pregnant.
Symptoms depending on the location, size and number of tumors.
- Abdominal pressure.
- Lower back pain
- Long lasting menstruation with heavy bleeding
- Increased menstrual cramping
- Increased urination,
- Pain during sex.
Some women do not have any symptoms.
Medically, there are different methods of getting rid of it such as
Uterine artery embolization (UAE) is a procedure to treat fibroids without surgery. During the procedure, the blood supply to the fibroids is cut off. This typically causes the fibroids to shrink.
With these methods, experience have shown that fibroid tends to grow back or if they could not be completely removed, they may continue to grow.
I know fibroid can be cured using herbs but the major problem is that there are not enough scientific studies on such remedies.
I have decided to compile all the remedies I have and share.
1. Coconut root (Cocos nucifera) Agbon (Yoruba) 15 parts
2. Negro pepper 5 parts
(Xylopia aethiopica) Uda (Igbo), Erunje (Yoruba), Kimba (Hausa), Unien (Esan)
3. Water. 600mls
Boil the herbs and allow to stand for 24 hours
Take 100 mls three daily
Mistletoe leaves (Viscum album), Afomo onishana (Yoruba) – this is a very simple and effective remedy. Boil the herb in water and take 200 mls daily for 6 to 12 months.
1. Physics nut (Jatropha curcas) Olulu -idu (Igbo), Botuje (Yoruba), Ughongbon (Esan) leaves and roots
Boil all the herbs in water for 30 minutes.
Dosage: Take 200 mls three times a day for 3- 6 months.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Ata Ile pupa (Yoruba)
This is a spice. It contains the active ingredient curcumin. In a study, a group of researchers have successfully reduced the size of uterine fibroids after six months of daily oral administration of turmeric.
Black seed (Nigella sativa:
The seeds of black seed and the oil have been widely used for centuries in the treatment of various ailments throughout the world. A Study confirmed its efficacy in treating various ailments. It is known to have anti- cancer properties and should be effective in treating fibroid.
1. Stone breaker (Phyllantus nuriri)
Make a tincture of these herbs and take 1 – 2 tablespoonful three times a day. Or you can boil the herbs in water and take 100 mls daily.
1. Hog plum (Spondias mombin)
2. Palm nuts
Boil the seeds of Hog plum with immature Palm nuts. Take 100 mls three times a day for two months.
Read also This book can save your life.
1. Sukonthanonta, A. and Phaliwong, P. (2020). View of Curcumin in Reduction Size of Myoma Uteri. [online] Tci-thaijo.org. Available at: https://www.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/tjog/article/view/24226/32871 [Accessed 5 Jan. 2020].
2. Adodo, A. (2004). Nature power. 6th ed. Lagos, Nigeria: Generation Press, pp.108, 255,263.
3. Ahmad, A., Husain, A., Mujeeb, M., Khan, S.A., Najmi, A.K., Siddique, N.A., Damanhouri, Z.A. and Anwar, F. (2013). A review on therapeutic potential of Nigella sativa: A miracle herb. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, [online] 3(5), pp.337–352. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3642442/ [Accessed 12 Apr. 2019].
The Information and statements made on Healthdictive.com are only for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor.