Good health is not by accident but as a result of simply following basic feeding plan that is easy to follow.
Due great improvement in medicines and break through in production of effective antibiotics, more people are living longer than previous years.
Funny enough, more people are suffering from non communicable dieases like hypertension, diabetes, cancer. This can be attributed to the fact that quality of life inspite of progress in health care is very low.
Causes of poor health
- Junk food. More people now eat fast (junk) food due to its convience, marketing pressure of manufacturer, societal pressure,etc. Fast food, though convienent, actually leads to poor health.
- Lack of exercise. According to WHO, lack of exercise is a major of health challenges like diabetes, hypertension, some cancers. More people living sedentary lives and work more in offices.
- High fat diet. Thanks to fast food and use of vegetable oils, the quantity of fast food eaten increased dramatically. Obesity increased with its attendant health problems.
Secrets of good health
- Eat a lot of fruits, vegetables, Whole cereals, tubers, legumes, nuts
- Reduce the amount of junk foods like white sugar,cakes, sweets, biscuits, and minerals as much as possible
- Don’t smoke and if you do stop smoking
- Avoid as much as possible alcoholic drinks
- Eat less of animal products like meat, turkey etc
- Limit the use of milk and milk products as much as possible
- Rest. It helps the body to cleanse itself of waste products and repair itself
- Reduce the amount of salt in your food
- Go for regular medical check up at least once in a year
- It makes the body stronger. Lowers blood pressure. Reduce cholesterol. Reduce risk of heart attack, stroke. Helps control diabetes
Disclaimer: The medical information provided is for information resource only. This information does not create any patient-physician relationship and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.